On Thursday, March 30, 2017, The CUNY Central Office of Student Affairs’ Career Services Programs will be hosting a Women’s History Month forum, Breaking into the Brotherhood: Progress, Leadership, and Action among NYC’s Women in Construction. Come out and join us in a robust discussion on women in the building trades in New York City and advocates. Guest speakers will include women from The New York City Coalition of Women in Construction and the U.S. Department of Labor Women’s Bureau. Our panelist are:
- Grace Protos, Regional Administrator, Women’s Bureau
- Elly Spicer, Instructor at Cornell’s Murphy Institute, Consultant for Works-in-Progress Associates and Nontraditional Employment for Women, and retired Carpenter
- Debra Inwald, AIA, LEED AP, Founder and Principal of Works-in-Progress Associates
o Rudy Mulligan, Carpenter
o Judaline Cassidy, Plumber
o Leah Rambo, Sheet Metal Worker
- Amber France, Project Manager, Works-in-Progress Associates
- Moira McDermott, Executive Director of the 21 in ’21 initiative
- Erik Antokal, Workforce Development Officer, Nontraditional Employment for Women (NEW)
If you are interested in pursuing careers in the trades or advocacy sphere come out and build your network!
Please RSVP at:
Date of event: Thursday, March 30, 2017
Location: 205 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017
Room: 818, 8th Flr.
Time: 4:30pm-6:30 pm